Minutes of the Faculty Senate Curriculum Committee Meeting
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Room – GHH 101
Committee members present:
Al Cutting, Anthony Hollingsworth (Chair), Sue McMullen, Chris Menton, Joan Romano, Registrar (ex officio), Mark Sawoski, Charles Thomas, Yajni Warnapala, Ann Winfield
The meeting was called to order at 2:00 p.m.
New Proposals Approved:
|Identifying Information||Description of proposal/ D||Motion (maker, second)||Vote outcome|
|CC-NMJ||Marine Biology CC req. change||Approve as proposed (White, McMullen)||6-0-0|
|AS 2013-03||New course in Electricity and Magnetism||Approve as proposed (White, McMullen)||6-0-0|
|–||Name Change for FANS to Cybersecurity and Networking||Approve as proposed (Cutting, McMullen)||6-0-0|
|–||Math Requirements Change for SAS to Math 124||Approve as proposed (Warnapala, Cutting)||6-0-0|
|AS 2013-41||Changes to THEAT Major/Minor||Approve as proposed pending minor technical language changes agreed to by registrar and proposer
|Advocacy Seminar Discussion||Approved: (White, Cutting)
Proposer made the following FSCC recommended changes:
1) Only a 3 credit version of the course will count toward the creative writing major
2) Must be taken for 3 credits at least once for it to count for the major, minor or core concentration
|2013-48||LALS Minor||Table so that the chair can meet with proposer to discuss the following (but not limited to the following) we will reconsider the proposal during the January meeting. (White, Thomas)
1) Proposers need to provide a specific list of courses that will count for the 3 electives and a list of courses that will not count. One that should be included is SPN339, which is primarily an LA course now.
2) Until the university has a structure for an interdisciplinary program, the LALS program will need some sort of formal structure for oversight.
3) Description of the Latin American Studies major is not correct in the proposal.
Scheduled for Wednesday, January 21, 2:00 p.m.—4:00 p.m. – GHH 101
Meeting adjourned at 3:17 p.m.