ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY FACULTY SENATE
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Meeting of December 6, 2012
Call to order: 12:35 pm
Present: K. Donnell, K. Gentles-Peart, K. Brooks, C. Fagan
The sole item on the agenda was developing the proposal for the New Faculty Learning Community at RWU. Issues that we considered included:
- Mission and Purpose of the FLC
- Membership (how many people per community)
- Curriculum (what activities will be offered and how often)
- Organizational Structure (positions, responsibilities, and compensation)
- Resources and Budget
- Partnerships (other units on campus that could be annexed to program)
- Larger Vision (how the New Faculty Learning Community fits into larger vision of pedagogical improvement)
Based on this meeting, the Committee compiled a formal proposal, The Faculty Learning Community Program at Roger Williams University, which was submitted to the Provost for approval in January 2013. Once approved, the proposal will be distributed to the Senate and general Faculty.
Adjourned: 1:35 pm.