ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY FACULTY SENATE
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Meeting of November 8, 2012
Call to order: 12:35 pm
Present: K. Donnell, K. Gentles-Peart, C. Murphy, T. Wright
- Ideas for improving pedagogy at RWU.
- Most members liked the idea of organizing and implementing a Faculty Learning Community (FLC). This is a semester or yearlong formal program that organizes seminars, workshops and social events that cater to a specific cohort at the University, or address a specific pedagogical need in the general University community.
- There is a lot of information on this. A link to one of the many sites is provided here (http://www.units.muohio.edu/flc/whatis.php).
- However, we agreed that we wanted to create an enduring program, which would require funding. We are investigating two options for funding:
- Partnering with the Provost’s office (a meeting is being arranged to this effect)
- Seeking grants that groups of faculty could apply for (the help of the Sponsored Programs office has been solicited in this regard)
Adjourned: 1:19 pm.
Kamille Gentles-Peart, Chair