Minutes of the Faculty Senate Curriculum Committee
Proposals Considered by the Committee via Email
1. Proposal to bank Biology 205 Introductory Horticulture and Lab
2. Proposal to bank horticulture minor
3. Proposal to remove the prerequisites for the five World Culture Through Music courses – Music 310-314
4. Proposal to correct course title shown in the catalog. Music 310 – World Culture Through Music / North America is shown correctly on page 182 of the 2010-2011 catalog; incorrect titles shown on pages 473 and 135 should be corrected.
5. New Course Proposal: PSYCH 360 – Multicultural Psychology
Above proposals were approved unanimously.
6. Minor Change Proposal: Change Music 171 – Basic Musicianship of Elementary Education to Music 171 and Lab. Number of course credits to remain at three.
7. Proposal to change the equivalency of AP physics to 4 credits.
Above proposals (6-7) Tabled: Committee members asked to discuss this proposal at the next meeting.
8. New Course Proposal: SEC 220
9. Proposal to Cross-list CIS 210 with SEC 220
Tabled: Committee members asked to discuss this proposal at the next meeting. The Registrar’s office recommended equating the two courses instead of cross-listing. The committee is waiting for clarification of the difference between cross-listing and equating courses.